M.Ed., Counselling Psychology, University of British Columbia; Certified Canadian Counsellor, CCC 1264, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. When you choose John Boland as your counsellor/psychotherapist you choose:
- Experience: more than 30 years in
- Professionalism: knowledgeable, respectful,
- Dedication: John is passionate about his
work and dedicated to helping you achieve a more fulfilling
Summary of skills and experience for John Boland:
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist: skilled and
experienced in enhancing relationships and helping couples
rebuild romance and commitment
- Exceptional skills with children and adolescents, and in
coaching parents and families
- Many years experience working with trauma, stress,
depression, anger management, and work-place conflict
His additional training includes:
- Certified Imago Therapist, Advanced Clinician fully accredited with Imago Therapy International
- Certified Imago Getting the Love You Want Couples Weekend Presenter
- Studied with Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in Mindfulness-Based-Stress-Reduction (MBSR)
- Level I & II training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- As well, John has been attending an Integrative Psychotherapy seminar group with Dr Richard Erskine, the founder, for the past eleven years.
John worked for 12 years as a school counsellor at all levels; counselled adults in a number of settings; and was a Professor at Malaspina University College for over 10 years.
He uses a variety of treatment approaches in his counselling, including Integrative Psychotherapy, Narrative Therapy, Emotional Focused Therapy, and Imago Couple’s Therapy. If you are seeking help with your relationship, John can provide you with more information about Imago Couple’s therapy if you so wish.
© 2022 Goldswain Boland | design by: Jan de Bree